There are many common injuries that affect runners such as ankle sprains, runners knee and shin splints.
Muscle strains and tendinopathies in the calf, hamstring and quadriceps area are also common and can reoccur.
Sports massage therapy assists in the healing of injuries, speeds up recovery time as well as aid with injury prevention.
Maintenance Massage Aims
- Loosening adhesions
- Reducing developments of scar tissue
- Increasing flexibility and range of motion
- Increasing blood and nutrients to the muscles
- Improving performance and extending sporting careers
Pre-Event Massage Aims
-Warming up the muscles
- Stimulating more blood flow
-Reducing anxiety and tension
-Creating a state of event readiness
Post-Event Massage Aims:
-Reduce muscle soreness
- Relaxing tight muscle groups
- Assisting in the cool down process